I am always on the lookout for slow cooker recipes. I came across Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies on Pinterest. The link took me to the Damn Delicious blog and I began to read over the recipe.
I purchased the ingredients needed and followed the recipe direction, for the most part.
Things I did differently:
- I ended up putting more chicken in, than the recipe called for. I buy family packs of chicken and then dived it up into portions, before putting it into the freezer. I forgot to do it with this batch.
- I use canned green beans, instead of fresh ones.
- I did not use fresh parsley. I used the chopped parsley in the jar that you get in the spice section.
- I did not use fresh garlic. I used the minced garlic that comes in a jar.
- I omitted the red pepper flakes. I can not eat anything that is spicy.
I put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, including the green beans. You are not supposed to put them in with everything but wait till the last 30 minutes of cook time. I went with the low setting, letting it cook for 8 hours.
Even with all the changes, it turned out really good and my daughter liked it. It was good, but a bit too sweet for my liking. The red peppers probably offset the sweetness, but since I did not use them, I could really taste the sweetness. So the next time, I make it, I think I will put only half of the honey that is called for.
This Pinterest find was a: