Crayon Candle Update

I finally got around to burning one of my candles that I made.  I cut the wick down a bit too low, so when the wax began to melt, it snuffed out the flame.  I took some tweezers to pull the wick up some and lit the candle again.  It burned quite nicely and the colors blended, making new colors as it burned.  I did learn that the glass jars that I used, can’t take heat for a long period of time, as it will crack.  My candle had been burning for over 6 hours.  Another part of the problem was the wick was not centered, so the flame was burning against the side.  This has been a great learning process and I can’t wait to make more candles.  Next time I will be better prepared.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *